The AZSBDC Network is a successful program that uses funds wisely and has a positive, statewide impact that reaches throughout the community. Demand is increasing, our role is expanding and we are making the most of our resources to ensure that we help Arizona small businesses start, survive and succeed in even the most challenging economic climate.
2013 Network-Wide Economic Impact
Year-end results for the AZSBDC Network include these economic impact highlights:
- Clients Served:
Attended Training: 4,495
- New Jobs Created: 1,130
- Jobs Retained: 273
- New Business Starts: 347
- Capital Formation: $55,433,738
- Increased Sales: $75,996,190
- Contracts Awarded: $13,459,320
- Total Loans: 106
- Total Loans Value: $21,779,047 *
* Included in capital formation
Our economic impact numbers are reported and verified through a multi-step process to ensure their accuracy. Read about that process in Understanding Economic Impact.
The Network is a GREAT Return on Investment!
Our small business clients increased their collective sales by nearly $76 million. On average, every dollar spent on the AZSBDC Network helped Arizona small business clients to increase his or her sales by $17.
More than $55 million loans and other capitalization was secured by our clients. On average every dollar spent on the AZSBDC Network helped an Arizona small business client to access $12 in new capital.
Learn More at the links below:
- AZSBDC 2012 Economic Impact
- 2012 Impact of National SBDC Programs (PDF)
- Impact of Network Initiatives 2012
- Impact of Network Initiatives 2012, cont.
- Read the 2013 Success Awards Program & Network Annual Report HERE