The success of a business depends primarily on the effectiveness of its people. Key to creating that success is how you hire, train, motivate and reward workers.
Success will increase as you:
- Get employees to understand and appreciate the direction of the company;
- Let employees play a role in making decisions;
- Give employees respect and care.
A business must also adequately manage other assets that play a key role in its profitability and survival. They include technology, equipment, inventory and accounts receivable.
Your AZSBDC Business Analyst Can Work With You To:
- Guide you in determining the skills and experience that your employees must have;
- Help you understand the hiring process;
- Help you create employee job descriptions and standards of performance.
Procedures and Policies
- Discuss fringe benefit and employee incentive programs;
- Help you create employee and management handbooks that describe your company policy;
- Explore how you intend to work with employees on such issues as safety and expected behavior;
- Work with you to create an organizational structure that helps you allocate tasks;
- Help you develop a management system that includes plan development.
Management Team Development
- Assess each member of your management team to determine development needs;
- Offer a wide range of training seminars and workshops. See our Events page.
Inventory and Cash Management
- Offer suggestions on how to measure your business success;
- Help you pinpoint areas to improve;
- Work with you to determine the amount of inventory you need to support your business;
- Suggest approaches to collecting what your customers owe you on a timely basis.