Bringing Technology to Market
Technology is playing an increasingly larger role in Arizona’s economy. Technology developers and inventors of all products need to utilize marketing research and outreach strategies to ensure their success. It is critical to:
- Assess the demand for the product or technology;
- Assess how this demand is already served by potential competitors;
- Decide how best to protect and commercialize a product or technology; and
- Take advantage of available opportunities in the marketplace.
Your AZSBDC Business Analyst Can Work With You To:
Market and Industry Analysis
- Suggest several sources for industry data and trends, market structure information and existing competitor activity;
- Show you how to conduct research.
Protection of Technology and Intellectual Property
- Provide information on patents, trademarks and licensing;
- Direct you to other helpful organizations and sources of information.
Distribution and Marketing Strategy
Explain ways that you can introduce your product or technology to the marketplace, including:
- Licensing to existing companies or manufacturers; or
- Starting up your own company.
Business Plan Development and Documentation
- Guide you through the business planning process so that your market opportunity is explained clearly and directed to the proper audience.
Explain various financing alternatives and sources of capital, including
- Special programs;
- Commercial loans;
- Angel investors;
- Venture capital;
- Research grants such as the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program or the Small Business Technology Transfer Research (STTR) Program.
- Help you develop your complete financing proposal, including the style and content of any required oral presentations; and
- Help you identify and apply for research grant opportunities.